I would like to say that I’ve been reading some deep theologian’s work and found some great inspiration, or that I’ve even found something that has been new and exciting in the bible, or that I’ve prayed for something and seen a miracle. But, I haven’t. Maybe because it’s winter time and thus the natural inclination is to hibernate in more areas than escaping the cold. Maybe it’s just because I’m not recognizing the small miracles (and large miracles) in everyday life.
The thing is, I know I’m not a) abnormal, or b) losing faith or anything… I sometimes wonder if people of faith (any faith) have a hierarchy of who is better/more holy/more god-like or Christ-like etc. than someone else based on their actions and that cuts into my psyche from time to time. Maybe it’s God or my conscience prodding me to not want to stay in my state of quoness.
I have been known to ask people if they feel like God is close or far away to gauge their connection or relationship to God. I’m also wondering if feelings are a gauge to much at all.
The facts in my worldview are that God is here, there, everywhere (otherwise known as omnipresent) and what I do/don’t do, feel/don’t feel doesn’t have much bearing on His presence in my life. In my worldview, God is all powerful (otherwise known as omnipotent) and what I do/don’t do, feel/don’t feel doesn’t have much bearing on His power in my life.
I guess Christ has no room to become more Christ-like and it’s not his aim to become more me-like, but I have heaps of room to change towards Christ-likeness. Maybe I need to allow Him in to my hibernation zone some more.
