Tuesday, October 03, 2006
It's amazing to me how very little things I now appreciate, and how many things I 'forget' to appreciate.
I didn't know for example, that you can get your car registration online rather than go in to NZPost (how many years have I made special trips to the Postshop for that and paid by eft-pos!).
I didn't think about the benefit of a carport straight outside your door until now that we don't have one I'm going to have to find some poncho jackets to make sure I can go out without saturating my wee girl.

On a larger scale, I watched some of 60minutes last night and there were a couple of people who had broken their necks and were now paralysed...I don't think that I appreciate my legs, movement, arms, typing, writing, etc. anywhere near as much as I could. There must be millions of things I pass by everyday and don't appreciate. I wonder what it is about my nature that I don't appreciate things fully unless I don't have them or need something I don't have.
Maybe I should read Pollyanna again.
Or Psalms.
 
posted by Melva at 11:50 AM |


1 Comments:


At Tue Oct 03, 10:55:00 PM 2006, Blogger Priscilla

yeah i saw that story on 60mins as well...pretty inspiring what those people can do! in spite of the odds the doctors have set against them. i guess that saying really is true: 'you dont know what you've got until its gone'...

~Priscilla