

This week Selah practiced being without me at a Barnados caregiver’s house as I’ll be returning to work half-time from this coming week. I occupied my time with little jobs, and a bit of Oprah ;). Included in the ‘little jobs’ was a check-up trip to the Doctor, Optometrist and Dentist. I know my Doctor and he was very friendly, which probably highlighted more that the Optometrist and Dentist did not even say hello or introduce themselves. Note to self- make sure I alllllways introduce myself to new people and say hello- it just seems so odd to me not to!Anyway, there's no mixed emotions about going back to work for me- I don't want to go and I'd rather look after Selah. But, given that we need the money for more than making ends meet, I have to look for positives in it. Aside from the money, it will be good to have Selah learning in a different environment (e.g. how to get on with others, different toys etc.), I'll try to remember that 'boring' meetings are a chance for me to sit down and finish a drink, and of course I'll get to spend some time with work colleagues who are friends also. I also have 5/7 days with Selah and hopefully will appreciate those days with her more.
Hat’s off to solo parents also this week. Friday arvo through to the wee hours of Saturday morning I had a vomiting&diarrhoea bug that left me pretty much physically incapable of looking after Selah. Frank took over so it makes you really appreciate the support of your partner/other family. I really don’t know how solo parents do it. Sometimes they probably don’t know either. Not the best way to start a working week for me or Frank, but at least it was only a 24hour bug!
