Sunday, July 20, 2008
Mum knitted a purple thick jersey for me that I don’t want to get rid of because Mum knitted it for me... but it has an obvious run in one of the stitches and is usually too hot to wear. Also wearing wool at the moment is annoying as Selah gets me all mucky so I'd rather wear easy to wash clothes! I’d like to undo it and make hats/mittens for Selah (should make a few as she gets older!) but I can’t remember how to make the wool straight again. Tips please!
I’m guessing unravel the jersey then do a wool wash (in a pillowcase so it doesn’t tangle?) dry – then roll up into a ball? I seem to remember Mum using my arms stretched out and winding wool around them but I can’t remember why…
 
posted by Melva at 8:45 PM |


1 Comments:


At Sat Jul 26, 10:41:00 AM 2008, Blogger Unknown

Hi! Unravel it around the legs of a stool or chair, tie it in several places so the bundle doesn't come undone, slip it off the legs, then steam the heck out it in a double boiler/steamer on the stove - that should get the wrinkles out, after that you hang it up to dry :-)